1 500g packet chicken mince (I use double and freeze the leftovers) The pic below shows 1kg of chicken mince.
2 x Momma’s chicken stock
Water – approx 2 l
2 carrots diced
4 potatoes diced (or use sweet potato)
3 celery sticks diced
Salt, pepper and garlic
Breadcrumbs (GF if you wish)
Grated parmesan cheese
Opt- Crusty bread or 1/2 cup rice.
1.Combine 500g mince, 3/4 cup grated parmesan, 3/4 cup breadcrumbs and 1 egg.
You can also add some chopped parsley- if the kids don’t mind the green.
If you use double mixture just use 1 cup grated parmesan, 2 eggs and 1 cup breadcrumbs.
2. Mix and roll into balls.
3. Place in a seperate saucepan of boiling water for just 10 mins.
4. Drain and set aside to add to soup.
1. Add some oil to pan then garlic.
2. Add hard veg such as potatoes and carrots and stir fry.
3. Add 2 x packets of the stock then about 2l -3l of water. You need a big pot.
make sure the liquid is not to the top. The liquid should be about 3/4 to the top because then you add the meatballs and the liquid will rise.
4. Add celery and meatballs and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour on low heat.
2-3 cups per serve.