Avocado and Egg on Toast (Serves 1)
Try this for breakfast or lunch.
- 1 slice Burgen Rye or Tip Top 9 Grain bread/bread of choice
- 1/4 Small avocado
- 5 slices tomato
- Handful spinach leaves
- 1 boiled/poached or fried egg
- Toast bread and generously add avocado.
- Layer with spinach leaves then tomato.
- Add egg, salt and pepper to taste.
Finish with a Kiwi fruit and tea!
Banana and Walnut Muffins (Makes 12-14)
These make a great snack with high protein and very little carbohydrate. They are also wheat and gluten free.
Option - Replace walnuts with ¾ cup blueberries.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tblspns flaxseeds
- 1 generous tblespn ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pureed apple (or unsweetened GF applesauce)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 2 mashed bananas
- Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and bananas.
- Stir ingredients together well.
- Place in muffin tins that are well greased.
- Bake for about 45 mins until well cooked-dark.
Wild Barramundi with Roasted Tomatoes and Dukkah (Serves 1)
- Barramundi fillet 150g-300g
- Handful Perino baby tomatos
- Steamed Sweet potato (1/2 cup), Steamed Broccoli and asparagus
- Lemon wedge
- Spray baking paper with Olive Oil spray and place fish skin side down.
- Spoon Dukkah generously over the fish.
- Split your tomatoes and place on and around the fish.
- Bake for 30mins in 180 oven.
- Steam vegetables.
- Mash sweet potato and place approx. ½ cup on your plate.
- Place cooked fish on the bed of sweet potato and add some oven roasted tomatoes.
- Serve immediately with steamed greens and wedge of lemon.
The Lunch Stack (Serves 1)
Pre made oven/BBQ roasted red capsicum and zucchini strips .
- 2 handfuls Rocket
- 150g-200g Grilled chicken
- Crumbled Fetta- 40g
- Toasted almonds
- Dressing-Lime juice, olive oil, balsamic.
- Place rocket on plate and drizzle with dressing.
- Layer strips of chicken, zucchini then capsicum, and repeat.
- Crumble feta, almonds and pepitas over the top.
Option – Add ½ cup cooked quinoa to rocket and toss.
Continue with steps 2 and 3.
4 ingredient Bliss Balls (Makes approx 30-40)
- 2.5 cups dates soaked in enough water to cover the dates
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup Cacao
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut + extra for coating.
- Process the dates with the water.
- Add almond meal, cacao, and coconut. Mix well.
- Roll and coat in desiccated coconut.
(If mixture is too wet to roll, place in the fridge for a few hours)
Option – Add quality protein powder.
Keep in freezer.
2 per serve.